A pantry reorganized.

The *before* picture of our pantry says it all. It was horrible. We couldn't walk in there. We forgot about food because it was under a pile of other stuff on the shelves.

Meanwhile, as usual I was pinning it up on Pinterest and finding GORGEOUS pantries. So organized. So clean. So pretty. I didn't think we could do it, but I decided to give it a try.

I didn't take pictures of the process. It was intense. It took all day. Thank goodness for my little helpers. First we unloaded the entire pantry. Everything onto the dining room table and the kitchen counters.

I took this opportunity to purge through it, checking expiration dates. Next, I organized the items into categories. Baking items, snack foods, pastas, etc.

Then I started packing it all into the containers I had bought and found throughout the house. Finally, we loaded the pantry back up. This was our final result.
This top shelf was a bunch of mishmashed stuff. So I used these bins. Popcorn, saltine crackers, marshmallows, cupcake liners, oatmeal packets, etc. These are things we don't use as often.
Cereal. Pretty self explanatory. Found pourable containers. The bags of store brand cereal fit perfectly in these.
This shelf is mostly extra condiments and mixes.
This is all dinner stuff. Pasta. I used the glass container for pasta, along with a stainless steel cylinder behind it for the spaghetti noodles.
Cans on this shelf. With canisters of flour behind in the corner.
My *favorite* shelf. I had so much fun with this. Sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, spices that I buy in larger portions, chocolate chips, etc. All in mason jars. I need to do labels for all of these, but for now sharpie writing on the top tells what they are.
Under the cans, I keep my crockpot and (not shown) my foreman counter top grill. Along with the other baking supplies.
More baking supplies. I have A LOT. I love baking. Can you tell? These bins are great, I can toss everything in them, but still see what I'm working with.
I have a ton of cake and cookie decorating stuff. SO I kept these things under the bottom shelf, in the drawers I've been using for years.
And on the floor- the two black buckets are easy accessible snack foods. In the left one I put the kids' (AND hubby's) salty snacks, sugary on the right.

And a full view of the right side of the pantry. I am in love.

And the only things I will be doing to change it: up next is the paint. A creamy yellow on the walls, with white on the shelves. I will also be adding labels to all of the containers, especially the mason jars. But for now, I love it. Putting away groceries is actually quicker than it was before. I just open up containers and toss everything in their respective containers.

Comments

Popular Posts