Hawaii 2012. Day seven.

Friday came with me pretty miserable. Jason slipped down to breakfast to bring food up to the room, so I could just sleep. I slept in and just moved real slow. D came and cuddled in bed with me, which is our favorite morning activity. I was determined to rest so that by afternoon I could rejoin the land of the living. No one wants to be down for the count in paradise. Especially not me.
We had originally planned to take the "circle island tour" that day. We'll add that to the list of things we'll do next vacation. It was just not in the cards!
By mid-day I felt confident that I could get up and get moving. Taking a shower helped ease my muscles into working again. We hit the streets of Waikiki and wandered down to the Cheesecake Factory for a late lunch. Yum. The highlight of that trip was the turtle cheesecake. I can't even remember what my actual lunch was. Or if I had actual lunch. I think I did anyway...

After lunch we wandered some shops for a little bit. Not wanting to push me too hard, J suggested we head back to the hotel so Declan could nap. While he napped, I booked the boys' plane tickets for their return home. That cheered me up- big time.
We just really took it easy on Friday. We wandered out again for dinner. A few blocks from the hotel, we found a place outside one of the other hotels that was doing an outdoor BBQ. This was more of Jason's style and since he had put up with pregnant food desires for days, we made Friday be our BBQ night. We picked a table looking across the street to the water. It was a nice quiet dinner, followed by a very memorable trip to Yogurtland afterwards. Memorable because it was just yummy. I decided that all the walking would counteract any ice cream, cheesecake, or frozen yogurt we had (I was right- I came home 4 pounds lighter than before we left).

Friday was an early night in. I really needed that down day. Traveling while pregnant is just really exhausting, even more than I realized. I'm used to being able to push myself pretty hard, this trip was not the case!

Comments

Popular Posts