We remember moments. 2012.
I've been looking forward to looking back at our year ever since I woke up this morning. At 3 am with two babies...
2012 was a remarkable year. We've been abundantly blessed.
We started the year blessing Declan. We ended it blessing his baby brother Leland.
We started the year with four sons. We ended the year with five sons.
This year we spent a week in paradise. We had record breaking snow fall, which we made sure to play in. We survived Declan's first year- including the reflux, colic, RSV, and seemingly endless sleepless nights. We were paid in smiles, laughter, snuggles, and hugs from him. We had a surprise pregnancy, a shocking gender reveal (for me anyway). We celebrated 6th, 26th, 28th, 8th, 5th, and 1st birthdays with streamers, balloons, cakes, Harry Potter, Avengers, and pumpkins. We baptized an eight year old. I caught my first salmon. We all became frequent fliers. We said goodbye to good friends. I hugged good friends for the first time in 4 years. I got crafty(er). We said goodbye to three of our boys for 9 weeks. We showered them with love when they came back. We sent three boys off to elementary school. We babyproofed, then babyproofed some more. We spent precious time with so many loved ones. We lost a loved one. We welcomed a sweet little baby boy and rejoiced in our blessings. I got my associate's degree. Sand, dirt, hose water, leaves, and dog food were among the items consumed.
While there were tears of sadness, despair, and pain, much more were the laughter and smiles abundant in our lives. We are blessed beyond measure, and all I can manage to think of at this moment is the quote "we do not remember days, we remember moments."
Tonight we bid farewell to the amazing year behind us, and we look to the coming year and the times that we will spend together. Here is 2012: Our year in pictures.
2012 was a remarkable year. We've been abundantly blessed.
We started the year blessing Declan. We ended it blessing his baby brother Leland.
We started the year with four sons. We ended the year with five sons.
This year we spent a week in paradise. We had record breaking snow fall, which we made sure to play in. We survived Declan's first year- including the reflux, colic, RSV, and seemingly endless sleepless nights. We were paid in smiles, laughter, snuggles, and hugs from him. We had a surprise pregnancy, a shocking gender reveal (for me anyway). We celebrated 6th, 26th, 28th, 8th, 5th, and 1st birthdays with streamers, balloons, cakes, Harry Potter, Avengers, and pumpkins. We baptized an eight year old. I caught my first salmon. We all became frequent fliers. We said goodbye to good friends. I hugged good friends for the first time in 4 years. I got crafty(er). We said goodbye to three of our boys for 9 weeks. We showered them with love when they came back. We sent three boys off to elementary school. We babyproofed, then babyproofed some more. We spent precious time with so many loved ones. We lost a loved one. We welcomed a sweet little baby boy and rejoiced in our blessings. I got my associate's degree. Sand, dirt, hose water, leaves, and dog food were among the items consumed.
While there were tears of sadness, despair, and pain, much more were the laughter and smiles abundant in our lives. We are blessed beyond measure, and all I can manage to think of at this moment is the quote "we do not remember days, we remember moments."
Tonight we bid farewell to the amazing year behind us, and we look to the coming year and the times that we will spend together. Here is 2012: Our year in pictures.
























































































Comments