Beautiful moments

When January 1st rolled around this year, as I usually do, I rolled my eyes at the New Year's Resolutions. I'm sure the first few weeks of January the gyms were full and people were eating healthy. Then it stops. I don't like rolling with that crowd.
Mid January I started my photography class as part of my current semester. Almost immediately it occurred to me what my resolution is. I have gotten WAY too much into the habit of taking pictures on my phone. Hello, it's convenient, it's portable. My iPhone slips into my pocket, whereas my Nikon DSLR and it's four lenses require a bag of their own. For quick snapshots I've defaulted to my iPhone for the convenience factor. But I love the quality of pictures my DSLR provides and it's a complete waste to only pull it out for family pictures.
In 2013 I resolve to take more pictures on my camera.
Like these from today.

I don't just want beautiful pictures of our family a few times a year. I want to remember the beauty in every day moments.

Comments

Nickster said…
I support you fully. I love it. I started doing ONE photo a day with Elinor and of course after taking 5 to 10 I realized I need to focus in on what shot I'd like to capture each day... Good luck, hang in there and have a blast. :)

Popular Posts