Alaskan Christmas

I have been planning our Christmas pictures for months.
Usually I make my guys wear handsome things like ties and sweaters for Christmas outfits. They wear whatever I tell them to, which rocks, but sometimes they'll never wear those outfits again.
This time I wanted to make it clothes they would LOVE and be more comfortable in.
This summer we moved out about 45 minutes out of the city. Our neighborhood smells like firewood burning and we have a huge backyard that frequently hosts moose. I wanted to have pictures with more of an Alaskan feel because where we live feels more like Alaska than Anchorage ever did.
I think I succeeded there too. 
I was REALLY keeping my fingers crossed for some fresh snow, and oh boy did mother nature deliver. We had a dumping of snow this weekend and it just kept falling during our pictures. Perfect.
I couldn't be happier with these pictures of our family.
Merry Christmas (about 9 days early) from our family to yours. 

My entire world right here. I adore these men.

My father-in-law took these pictures of us. In the backyard.
I can now say with confidence that the backyard looks amazing during every season. 
It's a really fun place to live.


 The boys all had fun playing with snowballs. Brrrr. 
 I love Jason and Leland in this one. Leland LOVES his daddy. He is Mr.Serious all day long for me, but daddy walks in the door from work and his goofy side comes out. They are hilarious together! 
 Speaking of goofy... 
 Jason eyes here... I love them. Most of us have brown eyes, I love how his eyes look with the snow.

 I. Love. Two year olds.

We had him stand on an old dog house since he's so short next to his brothers.

He crouched down to play in the snow and then popped back up again.


And here he is catching snowflakes in his mouth.

Another family shot. 
They are all soooo handsome.
I could be partial though... 


Oh Mr.Leland. 
This sweet boy HATES being cold.
It doesn't help that he's been feeling rotten this weekend. 
 We set him in the snow for about 20 seconds, got him to smile, 
and then daddy whisked him inside to warm up. 



Back to the two year old.
Declan is the life of the party.

He LOVES being outside.
He thinks snow is so funny.

He is always keeping us on our toes and making us laugh.

He reminds me daily to enjoy the little things in life. 

That smile... It melts my heart. 


My Payton. 
He lost those teeth last weekend.  
I keep telling him about the song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth"
I think I need to teach him before Christmas.

What a handsome guy.

He is just a few weeks away from his 8th birthday already! 


My spunky little Rylan man.

He was the second to last to have pictures taken and oh boy was this boy cold.
I really didn't get a lot of good shots because he was shivering and ready to go inside. Poor little man! 

And my biggest boy Avery. 

His eyes kill me too. 

I am so amazed that my oldest son is almost 10 already! 

Comments

Popular Posts