Insanity.

So I started doing insanity in August. My sister in law made me. I hate it at first, but now I can't help but love it.
I am going to be brave and talk for a moment about how my Irish twins ruined my figure.
I gain a ton of weight when pregnant. Usually between 60-70 pounds per child, no matter what I do. Declan was no exception. I gained like crazy particularly because I was on bedrest most of the pregnancy with him. I also had gestational diabetes. BAD combination. I dropped a good 30 pounds immediately after his chubby little butt was born, but 3 months later I got pregnant with Leland. I have never started a pregnancy weighing so much. I was 190 pounds the day the second line showed up on the test.
The day Leland was born I weighed in at a whopping 243 pounds. In 360 days I had delivered around 20 pounds of babies. Declan was 10 pounds 3 ounces. Leland was 9 pounds 11 ounces. And my body had taken a beating.
I'm 5'7" and I hide my weight well, but even for me, that's WAY too much. My hips hurt, my back hurt, everything was painful in a way I had never experienced before.
I took me until Lee was nearly 8 months old to even admit my ending Leland weight to my husband. I was THAT embarrassed.
I lost most of the Leland weight within the first month of him being born and got back down into the 190's. What a relief. But I still had a TON to drop.
This Declan weight is the most stubborn weight I have ever battled in my life. I tried the diet of mostly clean eating that I had done when Avery was a baby. I did it for months, with almost no results and at that point I didn't have the time to work out. I hardly had the time to shower.
Fact: I chopped off most of my hair last spring because I usually only had time to shower and throw clothes on. I would go days without even brushing it. Working out wasn't even an option then.
By this summer I knew I needed to do something. I was finally starting to have time to breath and sleep (sometimes), and I was able to find time to brush my hair finally, so I knew it was time to do something serious and drop this stubborn weight.
This is (again) where I get brave and share one of my most embarrassing pictures.
This is me in July, about a month before starting insanity.
Yuck. That's all I have to say about that.
I will let the remaining pictures do the rest of the talking.
This is day one of insanity.

 About a month in I joined a beach body challenge group and added clean eating into the mix. This is after a month of clean eating and a total of two months of insanity.

 And here we are. This picture was taken two weeks ago. I'm still slowly dropping, pound by pound. I have lost 26 pounds since day 1 of insanity. There are 10 inches gone from my waist alone, 9 inches from my thighs. I can squeeze into my skinny jeans, though I can't exactly walk comfortably in them yet.

I can now say with confidence that I WILL lose the Declan weight. Every last pound of it. I have 14 pounds to go and I will be at my pre-children weight.
I decided part way through insanity that I don't want to look good for having five kids. I want to look good period. I don't want my five ginormous baby boys and the crazy amounts of weight gain I have had with each of them to be an excuse, I don't want to let it define me. That is the motivation that keeps me going each day. 
I'm almost there. 

Comments

Popular Posts