Raleigh 2018
I made the trip to North Carolina to pick up the boys this year. Instead of meeting their dad at the airport like we normally do, I booked the flight a day later to spend time with them there first. Their dad brought them to my hotel, we hit up the outlet center for school shopping. I introduced them to the Cheesecake Factory and Chick-fil-A. We hung out together poolside. And then the next day we headed for the airport.
This is SUCH an easier way to do the custody exchange and transition them back to being with me, BEFORE a day of flying. It's such a long trip from the east coast back to Alaska, they end up completely jet lagged and disoriented by the time we get home.
This chill day was exactly what they needed and I hope to continue this in the years to come!






Comments