Harry Potter Halloween 2012

Halloween 2012 I did not join into the costume fun as I was 39 weeks pregnant with Leland.
Our backup plan, for if he decided to show up for the Halloween festivities, we would've wrapped him in a blanket and put a lightning scar on his head. But alas, he stayed where it was warm until after the party ended.
So the four boys went it alone that year: three wizards and their owl.
The boys didn't pick particular characters from the movies or books, they just chose their houses. Gryffindor for Avery and Rylan, and Hufflepuff for Payton.
Baby Declan was our adorable little Hedwig owl. 


The wizard costumes were very very straightforward. I had made them for a birthday party that fall, so I didn't have much to do to make them Halloween ready. I made all of their robes from black sheets from Walmart. I found some kind of tutorial for them, and they were very quick to make. The actual ties weren't very easy to find when I made these, so I made theirs out of felt and sewed them together. Underneath the robes they wore their church clothes, and to complete the ensemble we added hats from Amazon.



 Declan as Hedwig the owl
Declan's hat was crocheted by a sweet friend of mine from church. She was amazing at making my vision come to life for this, as well as the Avenger's hats the next Halloween.
I put him in a white long sleeved onesie and grey little stretchy pants. To make his wings I basically made a cape out of felt. Then I cut felt "feathers" in both white and grey, and hot glue them onto the cape. I added ribbon to tie it onto him, and he was the absolute CUTEST. Decs was such a happy baby after he outgrew his reflux, I remember I didn't even have to try to get a smile out of him here!


Comments

Popular Posts