Lord of the Rings Halloween 2014



First of all, for how obsessed I am with Halloween it's kind of funny because most of the kids were not little bitty babies for it. Leland was born 7 DAYS after Halloween, making him almost a year before his first one. Declan was born 13 days after Halloween. Payton and Freya are January babies, making them both nearly 10 months for their first Halloweens. Avery was 7 months for his first. Rylan was 4.5 months old on his first. Only Thayer was a newby. He was two weeks old on Halloween and I had so much fun with him! Look at that cute little pumpkin!
This is forever one of my favorite pictures. He smelled like chocolate the rest of the day. 
Anyway, moving on to the actual post.
Nerd family letting our freak flags fly.


This theme was a dream come true! It's totally fitting that our Halloween picture was our first picture as a family of 8. We originally planned on doing Peter Pan, the kids asked to switch it at the end of September and how could I say no? My only concern was how to dress a brand new baby, and I just did my best. Here we have our Lord of the Rings Halloween. 

Avery as Aragorn son of Arathorn

Payton as Legolas of the Woodland Realm

Rylan as Gimli son of Gloin

Declan and Leland as Hobbits
The boys taught Decs to say "my precious"
It was the most hilarious thing EVER
They also had little flip flops that had furn hot glued onto them to make their feet look like Hobbit feet, but it was bitter cold and windy so those didn't get worn

Thayer as Smaug
Now... obviously his costume doesn't exactly fit in correctly if you want to get technical, BUT when you have a two week old baby on Halloween you just make it work. We could've had him be the ring (our precious) but ultimately I chose a costume I could keep him warm and bundled up in. It was fleece and I actually used a pattern (RARE for me) for a baby bunting. I used tulle over the belly and wings. 

Jason as Gandalf the Gray

Me as Arwen


SCANDAL!!!





Comments

Popular Posts