Star Wars Halloween 2016
Would you believe that prior to 2016 I had NEVER watched the Star Wars?
I ended up buying the complete DVD set for Jason for Christmas in 2015. When we got into January I was overdue with our chunky little girl and decided it was a good time to watch them.
My life will never be the same.
It was then that we decided Star Wars would be our Halloween theme for the year.
We decided very quickly to stick to the classic 70's characters and not include any of the newer ones. By doing that we left it open to possibly do Star Wars again in the future for Halloween.
I am SO PROUD of these costumes, I remember saying I wouldn't ever be able to top this theme.
Here we all are, and I will go through character by character and explain how we did them.
Thayer as an Ewok.
This was from amazon. I did nothing else to it, once I found it online I just had to have it. We call him Thayer bear and I just thought it was the cutest little Ewok costume imaginable.
Avery as Han Solo.
His pants and shirt were from the thrift store. I altered the pants to make them have more of a skinny leg like Han does in the movies. The vest was a black flat sheet that I cut and did the cheapest sewing job EVER on. I didn't even do the edges. I just left them raw, and guess what?! No one noticed.
Payton as Luke Skywalker
I bought a very basic "jedi" costume, which was the top and pants. We used Gandalf's cape from the previous year. The light saber, I am BEYOND proud of these. The light up light sabers like these sell for $$$ Like completely out of the question. I found them at the thrift store. For $3 EACH. One of them was broken, Jason fixed it in a grand total of five minutes. Best find EVER.
Rylan as Yoda
I had a fun time making this. For some reason they only sell Yoda costumes for toddlers, not 9 year olds. SO I had to get creative. I ordered the Yoda hat from amazon, and set out to find some green fabric at the thrift store. I hit the jackpot. A green fleece bathrobe. It was PERFECT. I altered it so he wouldn't trip all over it, made him mittens to match, and then made a jedi robe for over the whole thing. It's safe to say that Rylan was the warmest person that Halloween night.
Declan as Chewbacca
SUPER easy. The outfit is actually pajamas from the boys' department at target. And the mask was bought from the target after we watched the hilarious facebook live chewy lady.
Leland as a stormtrooper
Another easy peasy costume, I found the stormtrooper in used costumes at our thrift store for only a few dollars! The hat was from target.
Baby Freya as R2D2
Once upon a time I dreamed of finally adding a girl to our family and her being a little princess in our Halloween line up. But then we had a girl and I realized, I'm the biggest nerd ever. Not a princess, a droid with mommy.
For her little costume I cut blue and silver glitter iron on vinyl with my cricut, and her onesie came together. I bought shiny silver fabric, and three different colors of glitter tulle. I made silver leggings for her chubby little baby legs, and made the big tutu. She already had the silver sparkly cardigan and shoes. Her "hat" is the unexpected item here. It's the top of a lunch box I found at target. I HAD to have it, it's one of those ones where you push a button and lights and sounds come on. I figured out that the battery pack was in the top part, and I bought it and dissected it. I cut it, sewed a seem around it, and added elastic for around her chin.
She was the CUTEST. And she played with this hat until the batteries ran out a year and a half later.
Me as C3PO and Jason as Darth Vader
I basically decked myself head to toe in gold. I had gold facepaint all over, gold glitter spray in my hair. Gold sweater was thrifted. I ordered gold leggings from amazon and I made the big gold glittery tutu to match my baby girl's tutu.
Jason's costume we scored at the thrift store. The mask wasn't working when we bought it for several dollars, but of course Jason was able to fix it and with the push of a button he had Darth Vader audio breathing noises and phrases like "you have failed me for the last time" He had a lot of fun with it!


Comments