The Peanuts Gang Halloween 2015

Our inspiration for Halloween 2015 came from our love of everything Charlie Brown and Snoopy, but also because Leland was always walking around with blankets. I jokingly said to the boys one day "we should have named him Linus" and from that moment we decided on this.


I am SO disappointed that I didn't take more pictures of these costumes!!!!
In my defense I was pregnant with baby #7 and I was EXHAUSTED. Jason was working two jobs, and we were juggling a lot. That year I didn't even make costumes for the two of us. I wore my great pumpkin shirt and Jason just wore normal clothes. I had wanted to make him a big red doghouse to  wear but it just never happened!
I usually take individuals of each costume, but my camera died, my phone was out of memory, and then Declan had an allergic reaction while trick or treating, so pictures didn't happen. 
And this is exactly why I'm doing Halloween costume pictures BEFORE Halloween now. 
Anyway, here are some of the pictures I do have!
Declan's snoopy costume was a pain in tush to make. I wanted him to have that rounded belly and the big head as a hat. I ended up having to do multiple alterations, and a major tummy tuck, but that's the risk you take when sewing without patterns! In the end it was adorable and he loved wagging his tail.




Quick run down on the other costumes. Most of the Peanuts Gang was easy to make!

Avery as Shroeder
We got the wig from our costume store, I bought the purple shirt and used a fabric marker to make stripes. Super easy.

Payton as Charlie Brown
Bald cap from the costume store, I used a black sharpie on it to do the little hair squiggle. Yellow shirt was from target and I used acrylic paint and masking tape to do the chevrons.

Rylan as Pigpen
Overalls were from the thrift store. I made the kids dig a whole in a garden bed and cover them in dirt on Halloween. He was FILTHY. On his white shirt I used a fabric marker to create the dirt look as well. 

Leland as Linus
Another target shirt, another fabric marker to create stripes. He used Declan's blanket from great Grandma because the blue color was perfect.

Thayer as Woodstock
I happened upon this costume at Toys R Us in Anchorage and couldn't believe my luck. Being pregnant and overstretched I grabbed it and bought it without even hesitating. I put him in a pair of black leggings underneath it.



Comments

Popular Posts