Birthday Boys Part 2- Avery's Sixth
Six years old. I cannot believe how huge it is to have such a big kid in the house. I was shocked at 5, I had no idea the maturity and intelligence that came with six years old! Avery is reading! He can sound out just about any word. He will pick a book, sit down on the couch, and read to his brothers. It brings tears to my eyes!
In school he continues to be top of his class. Earlier this week they did their testing, he blew the kindergarten portion out of the water, and continued to excel at most of the first and second grade portion as well. His teacher was sooo ecstatic to tell me.
Also, last month he managed to win first prize in his school's science fair. He did a project on Oxidizing apples, we were up until almost midnight finishing it- he hand wrote the entire project on his board. The next day at the science fair he took first out of all four kindergarten classes at his school! He was awarded a trophy by his principal in front of the entire school and was soooo embarrassed! The principal had to call his name three times before he went up to receive his trophy!
He is just so amazing! School is definitely for Avery, he is just so happy there! He loves his teacher and his friends, does all his homework, and is so happy to tell me about his day each day! It's wonderful to see him happy and thriving like this. He makes me so proud!
Avery chose a Rock Star birthday this year. I was secretly ecstatic at this choice! I knew as soon as he said the words "rock star" that we were going to play Rock Band.
I think I pretty much outdid myself this time. This party was a week in the making and worth every single moment!
6 years old :)

Rock star brothers

Decorations

Guitar cake

Goodies

Cupcakes and cake balls!

Ready for rock stars!

The kids playing Rock Band!

Eating

Opening gifts

Mommy kisses for the big boy!

blowing out his candle

drummer boys
In school he continues to be top of his class. Earlier this week they did their testing, he blew the kindergarten portion out of the water, and continued to excel at most of the first and second grade portion as well. His teacher was sooo ecstatic to tell me.
Also, last month he managed to win first prize in his school's science fair. He did a project on Oxidizing apples, we were up until almost midnight finishing it- he hand wrote the entire project on his board. The next day at the science fair he took first out of all four kindergarten classes at his school! He was awarded a trophy by his principal in front of the entire school and was soooo embarrassed! The principal had to call his name three times before he went up to receive his trophy!
He is just so amazing! School is definitely for Avery, he is just so happy there! He loves his teacher and his friends, does all his homework, and is so happy to tell me about his day each day! It's wonderful to see him happy and thriving like this. He makes me so proud!
Avery chose a Rock Star birthday this year. I was secretly ecstatic at this choice! I knew as soon as he said the words "rock star" that we were going to play Rock Band.
I think I pretty much outdid myself this time. This party was a week in the making and worth every single moment!
6 years old :)

Rock star brothers

Decorations
Guitar cake

Goodies

Cupcakes and cake balls!
Ready for rock stars!
The kids playing Rock Band!
Eating
Opening gifts
Mommy kisses for the big boy!
blowing out his candle
drummer boys

Comments