Fall in Kenai Alaska
September 2018 marks one of the nicest fall months I can remember in the many years of life in the last frontier. We took advantage of the gorgeous weather and accompanied Jason on a work trip to Kenai (and Homer which I wrote about in another post).
Most summers we are away from the older three boys, as they spend June and July in North Carolina with their dad and his family. We do the majority of our summer stuff in those two months here, because May is still chilly and August is too rainy. They usually miss all our camping and fishing trips and we miss out on quality family time annoying each other in the van for hours. This trip healed my mama heart. I desperately wanted that time with all our children together and with this glorious weather it was made possible.
We stayed in Kenai mostly, we enjoyed campfire food, roasting marshmallows, burning cookies in the dutch ovens, and just being goofy.
Our favorite family activity is beach time together. Thayer has some anxiety and a tendency to be on sensory overload. But at the beach he is a different child completely. He loves the waves and the calm, the feeling of the sand between his toes. All the kids love splashing, wading into the waves, finding shells and treasures, and taking photos.
Jason loved having Kiska with to play on the beach, she was definitely on her best behavior too.
This is definitely our family happy place.
Our last day in Kenai we were waiting for Jason to finish up at work, I wasn't sure where we would go because the museum I had found online was closed on Mondays. Of course it was a Monday. We dropped Jason off at work and just started driving and found this little field of wildflowers in the middle of town. By this time of the season our wildflowers at home were not looking this vibrant, and it was actually hot enough to be sweating in Kenai so the flowers were magnificent. The kids and I had fun playing and taking pictures before we went to get Jason from work and start the long drive back home!


















































Comments